Lilypie

Monday, November 2, 2009

In Tandem ....

Last Saturday morning some of us went on a cycling trip along the East Coast. For someone who cannot really cycle, I had to ride tandem. I brought my dog along and we put him in the basket of the tandem then we proceeded to ride.

We rode from McDonalds (around the middle of the whole East Coast beach) to Bedok Jetty (around the end) for a pitstop. After that we continued on from Bedok Jetty all the way past the Sailing Centre, past the SAFRA Clubhouse and golf course, past the coastal point to almost to the point of Changi, the furthest east of the island. Can just imagine by the time we started to cycle back to return the bike, I was feeling sore all over already!

But it was great working out. I have not exercised for so long that I must really start keeping fit. My dog was also so excited that all he could do was look at the scenery passing him by, keeping quiet in the basket and looking out without a single sound!

By the time we returned the bikes, we had cycled for more than two hours. I thought I would feel wobbly but luckily, I was still steady after having both feet on the ground again. My dog was also happy about having his feet on the ground that he was walking around excitedly!

We then proceeded to the hawker centre for brunch. After the two hours or so of exercise with burning of calories, in just half an hour we put back all the calories! Who said exercise helps one to lose weight then? ;-p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...