Lilypie

Friday, November 6, 2009

Lining Of The Eyes ....

I am not an eyeliner person. My one makeup necessity is lip stick or lip gloss, as in even if I do not apply makeup to the rest of my face, I still must make my lips slick and glossy. Just like some cannot live without eyebrow pencils, some eyeliners, some mascara, I cannot live without my lipsticks and lip glosses.

However, I have seen the difference eyeliners can make to one's eyes, especially to Asian eyes that are not as deep set. I wear eyeliner only on special occasions like if I am attending a party, or wedding dinner, or any formal dinners. Definitely I do not wear eyeliner all the time!

But I have to admit, after applying eyeliner, my eyes simply look different. I look almost sultry and seductive. For some reason, I look more attractive if I apply eyeliner before mascara, then if I just bat my mascara lashes without eyeliner.

So I started applying eyeliner more often. But for someone who was using pencil liners, I find it rather hard to apply. Firstly, the pencils are quite hard and it tend to pull at the skin on my eyelid. Secondly, the effect may not be as good.

So I switched to powder eyeliners, but it needs a rather steady hand and just the right amount, as too hard and too much will give a too harsh effect. Hence, I came to a sad decision that eyeliners are perhaps not for me.

Until I discovered liquid eyeliners. One stroke, and my friend's eyes really stand out! So I decided to give it a try. Coincidentally, liquid eyeliners are now more widely sold than pencil eyeliners (at least down here), so I bought one and tried it out.

There are liquid eyeliners that come in tubes like a mascara, in jars with an accompanying brush, and even those that come in a pencil form but looks like a small marker at the end. I chose the one that looks like a small marker pen. It is as steady as a pencil, but not as hard. So one stroke and I could get my eyes looking good and perfect!

I really swear by liquid eyeliners now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...