Lilypie

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas, Christmas, Time Is Near ....

Is it December already? I cannot believe it has been almost another year! December is many people's favourite time of the year, as that is when the countdown to Christmas and New Year starts, and once the new year starts, it is the beginning of another year, other new hopes and dreams.

It will be a busy December for me. For once, I will be going to Christmas midnight mass with someone special. It is not the first time I have ever been to a midnight mass, but it is the first time I will be going with someone special.

Somehow I remember the song :

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart,
but the very next day, you gave it away.
This year, to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special."

This song reflects what I have been through. It is not last Christmas, but Christmas two years ago. I remember I was kind of seeing someone, who specially begged for us to bring the relationship to another level, even though we only met a month prior to that. I wanted to take it slow and steady, but he wanted something more.

Then on Christmas Day 2007, I agreed to give him a chance. However on Boxing Day itself, he started acting all weird and distant, and finally called the whole thing off before New Year's Day. So it ended before it even started.

I was not really heart-broken since this was nothing official, but still, I was kind of upset. Why would any guy even say want something further then suddenly pull out just when things look promising? I started my new year being upset and down for a while.

From then on, I told myself if the person is not serious, then do not let myself be fooled. One can only imagine just how many guys out there like to play with a girl's feelings for no rhyme or reason! Since then, I became more protective, did not show my feelings so freely as before, and essentially became more "heartless" so as not to let myself get hurt again.

But the wait is worth it. Sometimes the most unexpected things happen and before you know it, you have actually met someone really special, except it may not be so obvious at first. So now I finally have someone special to spend all special occasions with again!

And that is why the titular song sounds so apt (should hear the Chipmunks version) :-

"Christmas, Christmas, Time is near,
time for joy and time for cheer.
We've been good but we can't last,
Hurry Christmas, Hurry fast.

Want a plane that loops the loop,
Me, I want a hula-hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please, Christmas, don't be late!"

Yes, Christmas, please don't be late!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...