Lilypie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Customers First?

I was actually quite upset with my mobile service provider. As mentioned in my previous post, I pre-ordered an iPhone before it launched. When the text message came asking me to collect, I decided to wait until the crowd subsided before going.

Imagine my shock when just two days after that message, another message was sent, saying the phone was out of stock and I would be informed when the phone was in stock again. I was so mad! What happened to the one I reserved? So if the phone could just be sold to anyone, then why asked customers to reserve it in the first place?

I went down to the outlet and made enquiries. The customer service officer told me it was out of stock, and those on the reserve list would be "KIV-ed". Which means those who had already pre-ordered the phone have no priorities at all, because the priorities are for the walk-in customers!

Ridiculous! The reason why I pre-ordered the phone is so I would not have to walk-in and wait in line, as knowing how the locals function, many would probably camp overnight there just to ensure they were the first in line to get the phones! I never like to queue for anything, hence the convenience of reserving is so I would not get to queue like those who did not reserve!

So how could they then just sell the phone I reserved to just anyone who came in? Then why give the option to reserve in the first place? It would have been better to just state "first-come, first-serve", so as not to mislead!

The outlet manager was very apologetic and he asked me to put down my name and number, so I would be informed the moment the phone was back in stock. Which was what I did, and at least they kept their word and did inform me. This time round I did manage to get what I wanted.

I have always liked the customer service of my mobile service provider, which is why I decided to stick with them in the end even though I ever contemplated defecting. And at least even with hiccups, I was not really let down. One up to them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...