Lilypie

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Finally, The Last Day Of The Year!

How did 2009 fly by so fast? It had been a pretty good year, not that eventful as compared to previous years. Hopefully subsequent years will be better than before.

A good thing about this year is that I got more involved in religion. Seems like after focusing more on God and improving my faith, good things start happening. One is that I discovered more of myself. Two is that my family life kind of improved more, somewhat. Three is the new friends I have made, who have all made impacts on my life in one way or another. But the most important thing is that I finally found someone to love and to hold.

However, this year, I have been pretty lax in a few things, namely studies , diet and driving. Some of you may know I am in the midst of taking a second degree, which somehow had dragged on for quite some time. Due to the revamp of the programme, the status of the campus being a "fourth" university and massive overhaul of structure, things have been progressing at a slow pace.

Now finally the revamp is over, and I need not defer anymore. Hence, I will be starting school again in January. This time, I have made a promise to myself and my mum and my dear that I am taking the maximum load every semester, no more deferring, no more dragging on, and get it over and done with, so perhaps at the end of three to four years, I can finally have the Masters degree I crave for!

It will be a busy year for both of us. 2010 is going to be a special year for me, due to the significance of the digits corresponding with one special day. Starting tomorrow, I would have waved goodbye to the 2000s and starting the 2010s on a special note.

The major concentration will be on studies, religion, diet and lifestyle and a manual license. He will be finishing his Sociology honours hopefully in November (which he had been doing part-time for the past few years), after which he may just throw in the towel and venture into something he has always wanted to do. I have faith that he can achieve what he wants, and ultimately, a better life and future.

Religion-wise, both of us are going to be involved in Cathechism and Sunday school. He will be taking the Confirmation classes (those from Secondary One to Three), and I will be taking the Primary Five students. The cathechism structure in my church is run like a school, with lesson plans, planning of curriculum, liaising with parents, meetings, and camps, something which I am not unfamiliar with.

Besides that, I will still be singing in the church choir, and also our CHOICE activities, with the upcoming CHOICE Asian Conference in October, and perhaps house keep or present for at least one weekend of the year.

Taking another step forward, we have talked about going for the Catholic Engaged Encounter, which we may go in June when our schedules are the most lax. For those who are not familiar, the Catholic Engaged Encounter is an immersion and enrichment weekend for couples who may plan to get married to talk about their future lives, values and attitudes, and assess the suitability to commit to each other.

This may be a make or break thing, as I have known of couples who break up after going through that as they feel they are not suitable for each other in the long-term. Thus whatever the outcome, it is still best we attend this earlier than later.

Diet wise, I am going to revamp my lifestyle, making a note to exercise. Since I cannot give up food, I need to exercise. So we have made a point to do tree tops walks near our offices sometimes, and to have a cycling trip every weekend. A motivating factor is that we have signed up for the Cycling Challenge in March, so I need to be an expert cyclist by then.

After that, perhaps we can train up for the next marathon if time allows. And my mum has told me to take a skipping rope and start skipping every night when I reach home. Hopefully I can finally slim down once and for all.

We have also agreed to focus on the future and start doing more future planning and seriously save up for whatever we need to do for the future. So it means less outings and less fun. But since we are going to be busy with studies and church anyway, this should not be a problem.

And finally, I want to get my long-overdue manual license, after doing auto for so long. The yearning to drive a manual car has been burning in me for ages, and I feel embarrassed whenever I need to get lifts from others. It is time I finally have my own mode of transport!

So in 2010, these are the goals I want to achieve. More resolutions will be coming, but these are the most important ones to focus on!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Yes I've heard of couples who break up after attending Engagement Encounter due to one reason or another. But it's better to know the truth early in the relationship rather than after marriage when divorce and annulment can get very messy.

Good luck to you and bf!

juphelia said...

Yup, I agree. Which is why we are attending this first before doing anything else. Thanks for your wishes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...