Lilypie

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Busy Christmas

The advantage of being on vacation or on leave, is that it frees me time to do things which I would otherwise not have time to do. Like catching up on my reading. And embroidery, which I have started, then stopped, and now started again. And cooking. And a movie marathon during the weekday.

In the end it seems I am busier while on leave than while working! It had been a busy weekend. Christmas day I was at his place, being introduced to his relatives and helping to entertain his guests. Then I was reading and sewing on Saturday.

On Sunday, I went to a good friend's new place for a Christmas gathering with my closest girl friends, all with our other halves. My friend recently married in October (think I mentioned it) and we went to her place on Sunday for lunch. I cooked spaghetti bolognaise for everyone.

Come to think of it, my closest girl friends are all from school, secondary and post secondary. Maybe it is true what others have said - friends from school are those who can somehow last, whereas it is hard to make real friends in that way in adulthood. So I am quite blessed that in my adulthood I have made a few friends whom we still hang out with at times.

Today, I finally went for a haircut, to usher in the new year. And went to watch two movies consecutively, something I have not done in a long time! I foresee another busy day tomorrow, hopefully I can finally take a break from taking a break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...