Lilypie

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bookwork Deluxe : Le Cordon Bleu At Home

I have not done a book review for quite some time. I have said I would like to catch up on my reading, so in order to really get it done, I may be doing more book reviews henceforth. Anyway, this is not exactly a normal story book, but a cookbook, and my first attempt actually reviewing a cookbook.

I have been trying to whip up a full meal for ages, instead of various dishes here and there. So I referred to the cookbook of all cookbooks - Le Cordon Bleu At Home, written by the chefs and trainers of Le Cordon Bleu Paris itself and published by them too.

The book is divided into three sections - Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced. Every section has about a hundred recipes or so, and every receipe is a full meal, starting from the appetizer to the main course, ending with dessert. For instance, there is a Peach Mixed Fruit Salad, Duck Confit and Poached Pear in one recipe.

As expected, the famous Beouf Bugignon is under the Intermediate section. Although the beginners section looks to be a bit too advanced for me too! The prologue to the book includes kitchen skills, the different utensils, the different measurements, and every section also touches on how to bone poultry and how to remove all the innards of a fish.

In short, this is a chef's bible. If there is a cookbook you must have on fine dining, this should be the book. Afterall, every recipe lets you whip up a full meal, what can be better than that?

Figue Rose Banana on Foodista

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Thanks for blogging about this cookbook! Since my New Year resolution is to learn to cook more advanced dishes, I hope this book would come in handy :-)

juphelia said...

Hope you'll like it! One of my new year resolutions is to try cooking more advanced dishes too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...