Lilypie

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Audit Season!

So I am back in office today, after being out for the past few days, only to find out that a few people in my department (including my immediate supervisor) is also out sick. Seems like after we have shifted office, people have been taking turns to be sick! Not a good sign - either the air here is more bacteria-infested, or the air-conditioning is colder!

In any case, our internal audit department from our head office in Japan is here to check our books. Our head office may be a full-fledged Japanese company, but where I am working is not run like a Japanese company per se. At least our own Chief officers are from other nationalities and not Japanese, although the Japan's office do still want to take control over our operations.

And since the internal auditors are here, I have to give them a long story of the progress and why some documents are partially signed, and why some are signed in two sides. Luckily they think my explanation makes sense so do not question any further, otherwise I have no idea what other stories to "weave"!

Maybe due to the nature of my job, somehow auditors and I are like fire and water. We can never have an amicable relationship. They hate me and I hate them. I find them downright irritating and they find me downright uncooperative. But that is working life, one can never have it easy all the time. If it is not work, I believe we can get along pretty well with each other!

And that is the reason why I can never be in the audit line! I do not want to be everyone's sworn enemy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...