Lilypie

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fringes ....

I was contemplating whether to cut my hair for Christmas. In any case, I need to cut my hair for the new year. My hair needs a trim anyway. So finally I went to the salon to have a haircut. I suddenly had this urge to change my image, so I told the stylist to trim an inch off the ends, and give me a fringe.

It is quite a big step, considering the last time I actually had a fringe was when I was fifteen or so. Since then, I grew out my fringe and no one had ever seen me with a fringe after that. My parting used to be centre before changing it to the side.

So after the stylist was done with me, I actually have a little layered fringe that just covers my eyebrows. My hair is still past the shoulders, the highlights are still there, the rebonding job is still intact, but other than that, I do not look that different.

Save for the fringe. Maybe I need some getting used to again, as I have not seen myself in a fringe for a very long time. Luckily I got home late last night so my mum has not seen me, otherwise I have no idea what she would say this time.

After the haircut, I became rather self-conscious. My dear told me I look great, that I look younger, but maybe I really need to get used to my "new" look. Now the next problem is how to maintain the fringe so it would not curl up unruly again!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I opted for a fringe 2 years ago when I realised my hairline was receding because I wore my hair by pulling it all back into a ponytail. So the tension on my hairline must have caused hair fall.

After I had the fringe many people said I look like a China doll! But yes, baby hair began to grow and my hairline has improved :-)

juphelia said...

Really? Then I think I'm going to keep my fringe this time round!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...