Lilypie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally A Smartphone!

I have resisted a smartphone or blackberry for ages, simply because firstly, I have no patience to learn how to utilise a smartphone. Secondly, if I use a smartphone or blackberry, I will be expected to tie it up with my company's network system and I will then have no peace as anyone can get me anytime of the day be it via emails or messages. Thirdly, a smartphone or blackberry is too bulky for me, and I always like small and handy things!

However, when my mobile service provider finally started selling the iPhone at such an incredible rate, I simply cannot resist it anymore. I caved in. I pre-ordered the iPhone, hoping to collect it when it launched.

Unfortunately, within days of launching, I was told the 32S was out of stock island wide. What a letdown! To add insult to my injury, my dear has a cousin working in the company, so he got a iPhone for free! Talk about connections!

Last Friday, the company sent me a message saying the iPhone I ordered can be collected. So I quickly rushed down to get the iPhone. It was quite a long wait, so we went shopping for a while before going back. Just as well, because when we went back, our number was called.

In short, I changed my plan to a iPhone plan. For less than a hundred a month, I can get seven hundred minutes of talk time, five hundred text or multimedia messages, free calls to three numbers under the same network (luckily he is also using the same mobile service provider so we can call each other as many times and talk as long as we like for free!), auto-roaming, caller number display, and best of all, unlimited data bundle, which means I can surf internet, check emails and maybe even blog as long as I like without any extra charge! It is really an amazing deal! And all for just the price of less than a hundred for the phone!

So I thought better to grab the opportunity while it last. Hence after so long, I finally have a smartphone! I am still trying to learn how to use the phone, so it may be a while before I finally start using, but I am so excited about my new gadget!

Finally I can have a phone that not only calls, texts, take pictures, take videos, surf net, check emails, has an in-built GPS to check directions, acts like an iPod, and all by just touching the screen. I have always been behind technology, so this is considered another notch up for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...