Lilypie

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Great Weight Loss Project!

My weight is getting alarmingly disturbing. After the past few years where every effort was being made to slim down and keep my weight down, I did manage to get back my original weight when I was about twenty.

Three years back, due to a massive depression, with hormonal imbalance and bingeing disorder, I put on about eight kilograms in a short span of two months or so. I went from a XS / S to a L size! My mum was so worried that she gave me an advance birthday and Christmas gift in the form of a slimming package at one of the prominent slimming centres here.

Their techniques really work! In just a month, I went down four kilograms and a few inches. Whatever clothes that became too small for me was able to fit me snugly again! I was so happy, and felt so confident and good!

The good thing is that even after finishing the package, the weight remained the same. No matter how or what I eat, it still remained the same for the past two years. Hence I thought finally I could slim down for once!

Until recently. I am not sure whether it is due to all the good food I have been partaking (due to generous friends who love wine, dine and gourmet), or all the pot lucks I have gone to, or all the friends I have who are excellent cooks, or all the great variety of food back in the Central Business District, or all the snacking which I have given up but started again, but in just half a year, I have put on ten kilograms!

Now I am heavier than ever before. There was a weighing machine at the conference venue last Saturday, and when I weighed myself, I was shocked beyond words! I know I have been putting on weight, because all my clothes seemed to have shrunk, and my tummy is now a mini United Nations, but I never realised just how much weight I have actually put on!

It is horrifying indeed! I have never put on so much weight before in just a short span of time! Maybe it is true - women past a certain age really need more work to maintain! Besides the slow down in metabolism, we age twice as quick as compared to younger girls.

So now I have set another goal - to slim down fifteen kilograms in one year (if I say in one month I think it would be a tad impossible)! Hence it is really time I start putting in less input, and burning fats for once! No matter how much I abhor exercise, I have to do something in order to look good! I do not want anyone telling my guy that he looks like he is dating a fat, middle-aged old woman!

Hence to really motivate me, the goal is to cycle, jog, and walk. With my office so close to the tree top walks and ridges, it is a good idea to walk there perhaps once a week? And in order to get my cycling in order, we have signed up for the Cycling Challenge next year. Plus we are thinking of taking part in the Standard Chartered Marathon next year as well, so one year of training would be fit and good!

To really motivate myself, I have to give up fried food (no more chicken wings, no more pork chop), chocolates (what a torture!) and food rich in carbohydrates (pasta, etc) until my goal is met! I have to constantly remind myself to fight the devils of temptation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...