Lilypie

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Golden Opportunity?

I thought I had a good rest yesterday, but my throat is still sore and I still had no voice. Still I went back to work as usual today, except I could hardly get things done since I was still groggy and my brain was still not functioning as well.

I had a surprise yesterday. Some of you may remember, before I joined this current company, I was with a hotel and spa management company for a few years. Even though I had problems with certain people, but at least my supervisors never had issues with me. I was also on good terms with our external counsels.

Yesterday, one of the external counsels sent me an email. He is not just any external counsel, but the head of the firm where the company engaged their services. He asked me to give him a call at my own convenience. Feeling intrigued, I called him. Guess what? It was a job opportunity, not just any job opportunity, but an in-house role with a local public-listed company - the biggest property retailer here and in Asia too!

I was genuinely surprised he even remembered me! Ever since I left the company (and it had been more than a year now), I never had any dealings with him and his firm anymore. Plus I was never and am not any of his staff, yet he recommended me the job! I could hardly believe it! He asked me to send him my resume, which I did.

So he helped me tidy up my resume, and asked me to send to the Senior Vice President of the department, which I did the first thing today. Just now I received an email from the Senior Vice President himself, saying he would contact me for an interview.

Wow... I must say, I am really blessed to know people like these, after having met superficial people throughout my life. People who are genuine, sincere and willing to help. I am more interested in this job opportunity, hopefully I can get that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...