Lilypie

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fourth Day Of The Youth Olympics

Today my shift started early, so I had to rush down after work. It was the last of the fencing matches. Yesterday the individual matches concluded, today was the team matches. Vying for third place was the Asia team vs America team. The Asia team consisted of fencers from Singapore, China and Korea, whereas the America team consisted of fencers from United States of America and Canada.

It was an intense match. The first two fencers were Koreans, and they managed to lead the Americans. Then the third fencer was a local fencer. She was thrashed by a Canadian, poor thing! After that the other fencers tried their best, but in the end, the Asia team lost by a few points to the America team, with the latter clinching third place.

Next up was the Europe Team 1 (consisting of Italians and Russians) vs Europe Team 2 (consisting of Germans, Polish and Russians), with the former team emerging as champions. When the matches ended, the press came to interview them. At this time, I had to go press the elevator as the teams would be led down after the victory ceremony to the Press Conference.

The Press Conference went without a glitch. Because of the number of nationalities involved, each question was translated into the respective language - German, Russian, Italian, Polish. It was pretty interesting hearing the different language variations of the same thing!

The Press Conference lasted about half an hour. After that, we had to clean up the room, and had some fun taking photos at the press booth, pretending we were being "interviewed"! In the photo I probably look more haggard than usual because I was still sick!

Me at the Press Booth

The whole thing wrapped up earlier than expected today. After that I went to visit a friend who just gave birth. Then it will be two days' break for me before my shift starts again on Saturday!

By the way, regarding the job opportunity that was recommended to me the other day, I was called for an interview tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...