Lilypie

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enquiry On Course Sponsorship

After I made the decision to gain better professional recognition, I spoke to my Human Resource Manager on whether I can get the company to sponsor the course I intend to take. She told me it can be done, and I just need to get my immediate superior and our Chief Finance Officer to sign the approval, after which I just have to submit to the Human Resource department for review and approval.

If the company does sponsor me the course, there will be a period where I would need to be bonded. I have checked and all the fees add up to about S$4,000.00 the most for the entire course. So for that amount, I will just need to serve a six to nine months bond upon completion. Not too bad! But of course, during the period where I was doing the course, I have to stay in the company.

The other terms and conditions are that I have to clear all the papers at first try. If I have to repeat any paper, that will be on my own expenses. That is a given, the problem is I have no idea if I can clear the papers on first try because those are subjects which I have proven to be not proficient in and it will be on a full examination basis, with no assignments, quizzes and tests.

Oh well... I just have to see if my boss agrees to send me for the course!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

A trainer once told me that an investment in yourself is the best investment of all. And being bonded 6 to 9 months is not bad at all considering the fact that you'll get a professional recognition at the end of it all. So go for it!

juphelia said...

Very true! Investing in yourself is the best investment of all, because no one can ever take away what you know and learnt!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...