Lilypie

Monday, August 16, 2010

Follow-Up Interview

The head of the department from the interview I went to two Fridays ago, sent me an email last week, asking me to go back for a follow-up interview today. This was not a good day, since I was coughing the whole night and woke up with a very hoarse voice. Darn this virus! Is it never going to leave my body?

In any case, I went to work as usual, then took time off early to see a doctor. I was already on half-day leave anyway. The doctor said it is a normal viral infection. Yes, except this "normal viral infection" has been going on for three weeks already! Am I never to be cured?

The doctor gave me six kinds of medication! This is the first time I needed so much medication! Four kinds to be taken in the day time, two kinds to be taken at night. Goodness me! I better recover after this!

After that, I went for the follow-up interview. As usual, I was given a text to translate. This was a more difficult task as I had kind of forgotten most of the Chinese terminology and had to rack my brains, except my brains were not functioning today! Still, I think it went smoothly. The interviewers said they would make the decision by Wednesday and let me know, so we shall see how that goes!

Today was supposed to be the second day of my shift, but I sent a message to my supervisor and told him I was on medical leave for the day and would report back tomorrow. I went back to rest after that and slept the day away. I really really hope I can be cured soon, this illness is sapping away all my energy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...