Lilypie

Monday, August 30, 2010

Distressing News Over A Week

This post is a bit late, as I was busy with the Youth Olympics, then it was back to rushing assignments again. In any case, last week, within a week, I came across two cases which really depressed me.

The first was on a dog being bashed to death. Apparently, it was done by someone mentally unsound. He threw and hit the dog against the wall, and the dog died of internal bleeding. I am always full of anger whenever I hear of any form of animal abuse! What made it worse is that the unfortunate dog looks so much like my own dog! How can I then stand anyone killing a dog?

What made me angrier was that there were eye witnesses! There were actually people who went to see what the commotion was about, saw the guy killing the dog, and just stood there and stared without doing anything! If it was me, I would have rushed to save the dog, no matter what happened! What was the worst that could happen? I could get beaten up by the mad man, but I would not have died from injuries, because I am so much bigger size than that poor dog!

Have the people here become so robotic that if no one told them, they would not take the initiative to do something right? Is something cruel happening in front of them just a show to them?

Some time ago, I wrote about staring incidents, where people witnessed an accident and the poor guy was lying bleeding on the street, yet no one went forward to help, and all only stared and did nothing, as if staring could help the poor guy get back to life. By the time the ambulance came, it was too late to save him.

This case of the poor dog is the same - people just stared without doing anything. Or is it because they deem that a dog's life is not valuable? Who is to judge which living thing's life is more valuable or not? Personally I much prefer a dog. A man can let you down, but a dog will always be loyal.

When men cheated me and played me out, my dog was the one who comforted me when I was down, who stuck with me when he knew I was upset, who tried to be nice even when I was angry and lost my patience, who waited for me and bounded up whenever he heard me coming back home. Just looking at him perks me up.

I believe most, if not all, people who have ever owned or currently have a pet will feel the same way. So I can never imagine how anyone can ever have the heart to kill a dog, or just witness a dog being killed without doing anything about it! In my opinion, these people are all equally cruel and under the law, they can be considered accomplices to a murder!

Just two days later, there was news about a gunman holding a tourist bus hostage, and the ensuing riot caused about eight deaths. People I know are in an uproar over this matter. Alright, he was dismissed, he felt frustrated, he was in a fury, but did he think he was the only one who was in that position? How many people have been dismissed from their employment?

Even my company had cut headcount and quite a number of my former colleagues were asked to go, just like that. They did not do anything wrong. So in this case, would they then have to take the company hostage and threatened to kill the rest of us just to get their jobs back? In what way could this help their situations?

Reading articles like these really sadden me, that human beings are supposed to be the most intelligent of the animal species, yet some behave more cannibalistic than other animals around.

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

At least this offence was committed by a mentally unsound person. There was one case in Malaysia where a dog was tied up to the gates of a KTM Komuter station with a stick shoved down its throat. And that offence was committed by mentally sound bastards. It was a miracle the dog survived and I hope those who committed such a barbaric act will burn in the deepest pits of hell!

juphelia said...

So cruel! Yes, its really a miracle the dog survived. But in my post, the poor dog died from internal bleeding. I hope its only a one off case and not having a string of dog murderers around!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...