Lilypie

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Handball Game

I have never heard of handball until I started helping out at the games. I was very curious to see what the handball game was like, so when I found out I was doing the media stand on the first day of the handball games, I was quite excited.

As I watched the games, I figured the handball is like a variation of the volleyball, basketball and football (soccer). It was played in an indoor court, had goalposts like soccer, and yet you hit the ball like a volleyball. In other words, it is a hand soccer.

You pass the ball from one to another using your hands instead of kicking it around and you throw the ball into the net where the goalkeeper will try to block or hit it out, instead of kicking it out.

Cool! One learns something new everyday! This seems like a very interesting sport indeed! I only wonder if we have a girls' handball team here since there only seems to be the boys' team representing the country?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...