Lilypie

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Coming Of The Olympic Flame

Last Sunday (8 August), I actually got to witness the relay of the Olympic flame. The flame had been lit in Greece and travelled around the world before finally landing in our shores. I saw a lot of people crowding around a pedestrian bridge, so went to take a look out of curiosity. It was really the right time, as just when I went to take a look, there were lots of cheering and people driving by, cycling by and running by, marking the start of the torch relay.





Even though it was for just a short while, still it was a rather glorious moment, as this is the inaugural Youth Olympics, and my country won the bid to host it first! What amazes me is that the flame could go round and yet not flicker! After the training today, I cannot wait for the actual shift to start tomorrow! Hopefully my body will let up soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...