Lilypie

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

End Of The Olympics

Today was the last of the games, and tomorrow will be the closing ceremony of the inaugural Youth Olympics. I feel as if everything was so fast. I thought it was just yesterday when I started my duty, and now everything was ended. Not to mention I was sick half the time, and my cough is taking forever to go away.

Today being the last day, I was asked to go to the Press Conference room for a debrief. There was nothing much to debrief anyway, since I was either stuck at the Media Helpdesk or the Media Workroom the past few days, and today I was at the Media Helpdesk again.

Anyway, the debrief was just to thank us volunteers for our time and the effort and commitment we put in. We received a signed Certificate of Appreciation as well as a letter to thank us. We also received a momento - a limited edition badge / pin of the inaugural Youth Olympics. And of course, we received our ticket to the party at our own Universal Studios in September!

The limited edition badge / pin

Now that everything is over, I kind of miss it. It has been fun volunteering for such an event. I only wish I was in a clean bill of health to thoroughly enjoy it. This could be the start of a series of volunteering for events! Maybe next time round I may want to volunteer for the Formula One night races!

I am going to miss the games, and it has been fun and enriching being so up close and personal with how the media works and some of the athletes. Now it is back to my normal life, but this will be a good thing to share with my children and grandchildren in the future!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...