Lilypie

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Third Day Of The Youth Olympics

I went back to "work" today. I missed the second day yesterday, where there was the Men's Epee Fencing and the Women's Sabre Fencing. Today was the last of the individual fencing category - the Men's Foil and the Women's Epee Fencing.

The structure today was a bit different. Instead of seeing the matches close-up, I had to stand guard near the entrance at the barricade to prevent unauthorised people from entering the stands. Only the media and press were allowed in.

I did not manage to catch the matches, but the Italian won for the men's category, and the China girl won for the women's category. This time round, the Italian guy seemed rather cocky. He just pushed his way into the stand, despite me telling him he was not allowed to go in. Too bad I was still having an infection, otherwise I could have my firm voice. Instead, today I was barely a squeak.

There was the Volunteers' March today, where the volunteers would stand in a line and go up on stage to bow, while the commentator introduced us. I think I must have appeared quite nervous on stage, since I was still coughing and was trying to stifle my coughs!

Today's shift was pretty smooth nevertheless. We ended around 9:00pm again, and after cleaning up, we could go off. So I went off shortly after that. Tomorrow will be the last of my shift for the first week, then it will be two days break on Thursday and Friday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...