Lilypie

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Good Start?

The guy hurt his foot playing tennis last week, so he went to see a doctor on Monday and had it bandaged up. He was already limping while walking me home on Sunday night, and was joking that if my mum saw us, she would think I am going out with a cripple!

So I went down to see him after work on Monday. He lives right at the heart of Orchard Road, and his apartment overlooks Orchard Boulevard on one side and the clubbing district (Mohammed Sultan) on the other side. What a great area to stay at! Right at the heart of the shopping district, a short distance to the clubbing district, and there is a tennis court, squash court, barbeque pit, swimming pool and gym right at the premises! Where can anyone find a better place to stay in?

I offered to buy him dinner on the way so he would not need to walk about too much. I was thinking of the famous Sarawak Kuching Kolo Mee which we both like, and which there is an outlet near his place, when he sent me a message saying that he would like to try the Kolo noodles. I was pleasantly surprised and replied that I was thinking of buying that as well! Hmmm... talk about connection, it is as if we can read each others' minds!

We spent the night in his room playing the piano and the violin (on his part), chatting, enjoying the night scenery, sharing our thoughts and history, just keeping each other company and enjoying each other's presence. And no, there is absolutely no hanky panky. He is a gentleman through and through, he did not even make any attempt to touch me. Unlike some other guys who would always try to get me into bed each time I go to their homes.

We had a heart to heart talk earlier on, and both of us agreed that we are off to a good start. We respect each other (rather, he really respects me), we have good chemistry and we always have so many things to talk about everyday. He says that he is positive that there will be many more happy times with me. There are no sweet words or honeyed language, and there are still many things which we have yet to discover about each other.

Come to think of it, he may not be able to tolerate me once he knows my shortcomings. Yet for the first time in so long, I actually have a sense of security that this guy is reliable. Afterall, actions speak louder than words, and although he does not speak much, he shows a lot.

He plans the time in such a way that we spend all weekends together, and some Friday nights. We also agreed to meet on Wednesday nights for dinner. He specially changed his church service time to the evening just so I can go for evening mass and continue singing for the choir, then we can meet before and after that. He gave me the go-ahead to tell my cousin about us, instead of being so secretive. He is relieved and glad that my mum actually has positive comments about him. He calls me each time we do not meet up.

These may not be much, but at least it shows that he is aboveboard and has nothing to hide. Not like someone I could not even care to mention. I must say, this is not like in the past where I fell for the person first, then try to make things work. This time, it is more like we are so comfortable with each other that things just progress (albeit at a fast pace). And since we are quite similar in tastes and lifestyle, we do not have to go out of the way to accommodate and compromise each other. So I am looking forward to more positive and happy times ahead. He may be the one I am looking for all my life afterall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...