Lilypie

Sunday, June 24, 2007

BarCelona Before Barcelona

It had been a long long week. Besides rushing to clear stuff at work before I go for my vacation, I had been having the time of my life. In just a week or so, I have watched four movies and discovered a few new places to hang out. Who ever said there is nothing fun to do here?

It started with The Balcony, outside Heeren, with the suspension basket-like seats which are really comfortable but makes me feel like I am in a cocoon. Then there is Spaggedies at Paragon, although the waiter who served us had an attitude which left much to be desired, followed by the funny ghost movie "Men In White".

Then there is this cool place called Brix, at the basement of the Grand Hyatt. Cosy place for Happy Hour, that serves a real nice glass of Singapore Sling and Long Island Tea. There is Giraffe opposite Plaza Singapura that has the best Earl Grey tea I ever had, which we went to after "Nancy Drew".

After that Rice Table at International Plaza (nothing new, but the menu is different for two persons as compared to four persons), Borders Cafe (believe it or not, I have never been there prior to this), followed by the Chinese movie "Eye In The Sky".

Then the Japanese noodles restaurant called Aji Sen in Takashimaya for Volcano Ramen (very hot! I felt as if I was on fire!), Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge for Danish cookies and tea, followed by the Japanese movie "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and finally, Bar Celona for Spanish fried rice, beef stew and Sangria, before strolling along the banks of the Singapore River.

What a gastronomical feast! Spanish cuisine is great indeed! Now all the more I am looking forward to the trip! In just a week or so, I have gone to more places than I have gone in the past year! Now that is life! Rather than always going to the same place, there are actually so many places to be explored, with food, drinks and ambience that is totally fantastic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...