Lilypie

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Sleepless Night

I hardly slept a wink last night. No idea why. I just kept tossing and turning. It was definitely not because of the heat as I had the air-conditioning on, and neither was the air-conditioning too cold for comfort. So why could I not sleep at all? What amazes me is that I had not slept a wink, yet I feel so energetic today, instead of sluggish or sleepy. Other days I could sleep for seven hours and still wake up feeling lethargic.

This sleeplessness can mean something. I will not be able to sleep only if I am too happy, excited or upset. Am I excited? Sure, for my upcoming trip. But I had been excited since last year, so this is nothing new. Am I upset? Well, not really upset, although a little frustrated at certain things. Am I happy? Truth be told, I am feeling rather happy. Happy enough to lose sleep? Well... that is another thing altogether.

I wonder what triggered it. Could it be due to the big commitment I just committed myself to, which I will explain more in detail later? Could it be that I have finally gotten my cousin a wedding gift, and have more or less packed for the trip? Or could it be the really great time I had last evening with a certain person, whom I foresee as having the potential to culminate into something deeper and sweeter?

Whatever it is, I got out of bed this morning feeling on top of life, having a renewed zest and ready to face all sorts of challenges. Quite a change from the usual less energetic me, who trudged around listlessly. Today it was go-go-go all the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...