Lilypie

Friday, June 8, 2007

A Midnight Caller ....

Which crazy nut will call a person in the middle of the night just to say hi? I do not mean midnight, or even 1:00am in the morning, but about 2:30am in the morning? Who in the world will do that, unless it is an emergency or bad news or if he / she is stone drunk and desperately needs help getting home?

I have had such a tiring week that these few days when I reached home I would just flop onto my bed and go to sleep. Last night, I was awoken by the reminder beep on my phone, indicating that someone had sent me a message. When I checked, I realised that the same person had given me a missed call. The number was unfamiliar so I thought nothing of it and went back to sleep.

The next morning, I checked the message. All it said was "hi". I called the person back, and realised that it was someone from the past whom I do not wish to associate with. I asked why he called at that hour, and he said he had not heard from me for quite a while, so just called to say hi and to find out how I was doing.

I was really astonished. Why would anyone call someone at 2 in the morning for chit-chat? And it is not even my best friend or a very close friend, but someone whom I used to get so irritated with and told never to contact me again?

I do not mind people calling me at any time, if they run into an emergency, or having problems and need a listening ear or someone to talk to, or to tell me they have broken up or divorced and need to cry, or even to tell me bad news, but I find it ridiculous that anyone (couples not included) will call another person just to say hi and engage in casual chit chat in the middle of the night!

Do some people not sleep at all? Even if they do not, do they not realise that others may be sleeping at that time? So why would anyone call anyone else at such an ungodly hour at night? This is so inconsiderate! Has anybody ever taught him that it is rude and inconsiderate to contact someone so late in the night?

2 comments:

Richard said...

I have a freind who used to be bad for that. She never seemed to know the time of day when she was calling.

She seems to have calmed down over the years.

juphelia said...

Good that she has calmed down. My mum would tell the person off if she ever received any phone call after 11pm. It used to get my friends irritated with me, because to them, they felt before midnight is still acceptable and not too late.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...