Lilypie

Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Near Accident

I had such a fright while out for lunch just now. My colleagues and I were walking along the narrow stretch of lane which leads from our office to the row of eating places, when this car came from behind, brushed against us, and my left shoulder hit its right side mirror.

In the first place, the lane was quite narrow and if the driver needed space, he could have at least pressed on the horn to alert us. In the second place, his engine was so soft that we were really not aware of any car behind us!

So why did he have to stop in front of us after his mirror made contact with my shoulder? He stopped the car to adjust the mirror and then turned around and threw us a dirty look. His car is still intact, it was my shoulder that is hurting! We should be the ones to glare at him instead!

Luckily there is no injury whatsoever to any part of me or my colleagues. Most say I should have taken down the license plate number and report him for recklessness, but there is no harm done actually. I just hope other drivers will be more careful in situations like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...