Lilypie

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

An Apple A Day ....

.... keeps the doctor away. Or so the saying goes. I ate an apple today, after goodness knows how many years. Apples are actually one of my favourite fruit, and the apples I eat must be red. Deep red, blood red, crimson, you get the idea. My mum used to buy a dozen apples at a time, but for the past few years she had not bought any since no one eats apples except for me and her and I seldom had meals at home in those days, so the apples became a waste.

What made my mum buy apples again? It was because of a supermarket sale which my aunt brought her to. The apples were selling at a very low price, so she bought five. I saw her munching into a deep red one this morning, so when I came home, I ate one for dinner. Needless to say, I chose the reddest of those that were left.

I always eat apples with the skin intact. I know of friends who will not eat any apples if it is not pared. How does one pare an apple anyway? I always see in shows where the person can pare an apple with a paring knife, and the skin goes round in a curve circle. Is there a technique to do that? How I wish to just try it once, pare off an apple skin in a complete circle without once cutting off the skin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...