Lilypie

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Recorded Interview

It is here! Finally! The Royal Shakespeare Company's publication of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare, the definitive first edition of his works! I had it ordered and shipped all the way from England! Now I can devour the book and compare with the other editions which I already own. Hopefully the things I ordered from the United States will arrive soon, since a friend kindly allows me to use his US address, as somehow or other the items cannot be shipped to my part of the world.

I had an interview today. Not really an interview, but just meeting some students face to face to answer a few queries they have. They are doing a research on legal issues in the tourism industry, and since I work for the Legal department of a company that belongs to the hospitality and tourism industry, I was referred to them.

They kept thanking me profusely and apologised for taking up my time. To me, I feel it is nothing much and I am just helping out the kids. I know how important school projects are, so I do not mind giving them a bit of my time to answer their questions, even though the questions are not properly structured.

But being students, one cannot be expected to be perfect in every way, so I answered them as best I could. They asked permission about everything, on whether they could take my picture, to whether they could quote me, to whether they could record down what I say. At the end of the session, they even gave me a box of chocolates as appreciation, so sweet of them!

They promised that everything I said would be kept confidential, only between them and the report to their lecturers. Personally I have no issues with helping out, except I do hope I will not run into any form of trouble due to this, otherwise it is going to be a tough time trying to explain myself to the relevant people in charge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...