Lilypie

Friday, June 29, 2007

My "Guardians"

We had another heart to heart talk last night and agreed to take things slow, get to know and discover more about each other before plunging in deeper. And that is a very good thing, because it is only through knowing a person almost thoroughly before one can actually foresee if both can have a future together.

Perhaps because I am more of a right-brainer than a left-brainer (and to some, a no-brainer), many times I get impulsive and let my emotions overpower my rationality, so certain things I do may affect others without knowing. But I am all for taking things slow and natural as that should be the right approach. And I need to change, become a more rational person instead of someone so impulsive.

Actually I am really happy when he told me how he felt. He is the first guy who ever told me how he felt, and who actually had a rational approach, in the light of something long-term. That is good, as it makes me even more positive that the development will culminate into something sweeter and deeper as we are both looking towards something more long-term before any deeper commitment.

Come to think of it, I am very blessed indeed. I have people to talk to and who advise me when I run into trouble. My parents, especially my mum, where in the past I used to think she picked on me all the time, now I go to her for real advise. Two of my cousins, who are like my elder sisters, and one of their husbands, who is like my elder brother, all whom I confide in whenever I need people to talk to.

My best friend, who, for the past twelve years, has been a friend in need and a friend in deed, whether by words or actions, who always try to caution me against letting my emotions overrule me again. Actually a lot of things are very simple and logical, but I just chose to complicate matters by being so emotional.

My brothers, who, despite being so much younger, will knock some sense into me at times, and will protect and stick up for me whenever someone makes me upset. Even fellow blogger Richard, who always tries to dish out good advise, especially when it comes to love and relationships. And now, there is this guy who puts me back on the right track when I have been too impulsive.

The thing is, in the past, I never really listened. I was obstinate and kept thinking I was not wrong. My best friend ever said that if everyone who cares for me says the same thing, it must be true, is it not? Yes, I now realise it is very true. So I have to start listening to others more, especially since most of these people have also been through failures in life and found their happiness.

My approach may not be the best, so when everyone has used the same approach and worked, it must be the better one. Come to think of it, I have lived for almost thirty years, it is time I start being rational, instead of always being so emotionally swayed. Perhaps by doing that I can finally achieve something for once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...