Lilypie

Friday, December 5, 2008

Jobs Craving

In every interview I go to, the interviewer will always ask about my career objectives and goals, what do I want, what do I foresee five years from now. In the past, I would say just get a comfortable job where I can do well in. Now I realise that answer is so shallow. Everyone yearns for a comfortable job, but just how comfortable, it differs from people to people. Some people are pretty comfortable in a mundane job, doing the same thing day in day out. Some people crave for more, and are more comfortable with challenges.

Now I will answer, I crave for challenges. I want a job that can stimulate me intellectually, that can give me a good exposure, that is a good learning ground. Now I crave to be like those high fliers who deal with regional stuff, who travel extensively for work, talking and liaising with all the big wigs. This is not just intellectually challenging, but also a very good eye-opener because when one is overseas, one gets exposed to operations one would otherwise not get exposed to locally. That really widens one's horizons.

You can tell who are those who travel extensively for work. I am not saying all are like that, but normally these are those who have a wide knowledge, who have the drive and motivation, who are highly confident and capable enough to talk to just anyone on the streets. Those years of "moulding" through overseas job exposures make them like this. Their perception of life in general is very different. I guess one must have that kind of mentality and calibre in the first place in order to even do the job!

This is the kind of job I crave for, and hope to achieve one of these days. The training and exposure will definitely exceed any other job I have ever been in! Alas, I know myself, I am probably not at that level as yet to be able to do a job like that, which is why I can only be stuck in mid-ranked executive or professional jobs, and have people turn their noses at me all the time or bounce me around as if I am a football! Hopefully I can have an opportunity to shine soon!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...