Lilypie

Monday, December 15, 2008

Travelling Light?

I am done packing! I cannot believe I managed to squeeze everything into one cabin bag – two trench coats, a couple of cashmere and angora cardigans, the Mango fur-lined suede jacket, several pairs of tailored pants and jeans, several woollen turtlenecks and knit tops, three sets of thermal underwear, vanity case (consisting of toiletries and makeup kits), three pairs of socks, an extra pair of gloves, chargers for phone, camera and laptop, towel, adapters and the biggest item – a big poncho / windbreaker of sorts for harsh weather.

I managed to zip everything up and did not even need to expand my luggage bag! That is a miracle! Besides that, I will also be bringing along a tote bag consisting of a woollen sweater, gloves, winter hat, wallet, keys, passport, laptop, digicam, mobile phone, lip balm and gloss, hand cream, lenses, glasses, sunglasses (just in case), eye drops, DVDs, Zen MP3, four books, and my Japanese-English dictionary, plus carrying another trench coat along. So there! Does that make me a light traveller since I only have to make do with one hand carry and one cabin luggage?

My mum is paranoid. She told me to just stay in the hotel room or in the transit lounge and not go anywhere. Hmmm… how can I not go anywhere in another country? Then I may as well stay home right? She said if I go to a café or lounge and is offered a drink, please reject. Or if I buy a drink, ensure I drink it all up before going to the washroom or anywhere else, not to leave my drink unattended. Or else I come back and not touch the drink anymore.

Hmmm… why does she think I do not know how to take care of myself? It is not the first time I travel! Alright, it is the first time I travel without anyone, but still, there will be people I will be with once I reach there, not like I will be totally alone throughout the whole journey! And why does she always think the worst of people, that everyone is out to frame me or get me into trouble?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...