Lilypie

Monday, December 1, 2008

Finishing Up The Year Smoothly ....

Is it December already? Gosh, how did the year go by? And what happened during the year? All of a sudden, I wondered how in the world did I not notice it is almost the end of another year? It is like time goes by in the flashiest of flashest. I notice something else too – I have been officially single for a year! More than that, if you count those couple of fiascos the previous year, but what I mean is that I have not been exclusively seeing anyone for the past year!

The advantages are : no problems with men (as in no need to put up with them as how one has to put up with them when in a relationship), no getting pissed off at guys who declare they want to be in a relationship then later get cold feet just when you get interested, no form of commitment and being tied down, and having the freedom to do whatever I want at whichever time I like, and of course, being able to go out with just anyone I like without needing to report to anyone else!

The disadvantages are : no problems with men (you know what I mean!), no sense of belonging to anyone, no common topics nowadays whenever I meet up with my married friends (they now go for Robinsons sale for household ware, can you believe that?! when in the past they would shop only at designer stores for clothes or jewellery!), no one to turn to whenever I need comfort and a confidante, and being dateless sometimes as could not find anyone to hang out with.

Still, the year has flown by pretty quickly, with ups and downs (more downs as usual), happiness and sadness, but generally in a happier state as compared to before. The turn-of-the-decade year. At least this year my career is pretty smooth, despite the politicking around. Family wise, friction here and there (as usual) but also better as compared to previous years.

Just another month to go to finish up this year, and looking forward to another new year ahead, with new hopes and dreams! Last year, I had a good Christmas, but within a matter of days, everything started tumbling, and I started the year depressed. This year, hopefully I have a good Christmas and an even better new year ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...