Lilypie

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Leading On Or Wrong Perception?

Some people are so funny. I went out with a guy to this cosy place several weeks back. I must admit, the ambience of the place is pretty nice. With dim lighting and candlelight, it makes for a great and romantic place to dine. I will sure recommend it to any couples on a special occasion.

Hence, I shared with him what I felt about the place. He then asked me how I would like my wedding to be like. To me, it was just making conversation, so I told him how my dream wedding would be like. After that, since we were unable to hitch a cab, he called his parents down and gave me a ride home.

It was just a first outing with a new friend, an innocent dinner and conversation session. He is okay, but not really my type. Alright, I only went out with him once, but from the various conversations we had before we met up and after we met up, we are not of the same frequency. One knows these things.

In any case, what was really shocking was he assumed I am interested in him and now trying to come on too strongly. So I asked him how did I ever give him this impression? He said because I mentioned the restaurant is a nice place for lovers and I told him about how I would like to get married, and did not mind him asking his parents to give me a ride back.

Erh.. actually I mentioned the restaurant is a good place for lovers because it is a nice and cosy place, perfect when going out with that special someone. That does not mean I take him as anyone special! And I told him how I would like to get married because he asked me, so I shared my views! That does not mean anything as well!

Furthermore, when we left, it was late at night, so calling a cab would be very expensive. And since he lives near me and insisted he wanted to give me a ride, I thought it made sense if his parents were willing to come down, instead of spending money on a cab! That was it! Nothing much! And he was the one who suggested asking his parents to come down, I did not say anything!

So why would he think otherwise? Or maybe it is my problem all along? That I think too much, or perceive too much? That I lead people on? In any case, my childhood friend just told me to stop being so picky last week when I sent him a birthday greeting. Maybe I am too picky, maybe I should just stop looking and go with anyone who shows interest. But on the other hand, why should I compromise especially if it affects my lifelong happiness?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...