Lilypie

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yearning To Perform Again

Last night, on the way to watch “The Nutcracker”, I passed by a group of carollers. Since there was still a bit of time, I stayed around to watch. I must say, this is one group of good singers! Their voices are good (probably due to good training), the music is good, and even for carol singing, they sound really professional!

I did not catch which group it is, but they sound like seasoned performers. It should be a group that has been doing choral singing, not just an amateur carolling group. Which reminds me, I have not sung for ages! I have not been doing any singing or dancing this year due to piano playing and work demands.

Gosh, I miss performing! I miss those days when I had to rehearse many hours just to sing and perform on stage for an hour or so. Tiring, but fun! And satisfying, especially if the performance was a success, or if the audience were happy! When I reached home last night, I tried attuning my voice again by doing some exercises, and I can still reach the note! I cannot hold it as long as I like, but what matters is I still have not lost it! Maybe I really should start performing again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...