Lilypie

Monday, December 8, 2008

Road To More Knowledge And Intelligence

It is official! I will be going to Japan! I will be flying off on twenty-third December to Tokyo and coming back on sixth January, which means I will be having a white Christmas for the first time in my life! Yeah! Japan will be good, especially winter, but my real fantasy Christmas is a white Christmas in Europe, surrounded by medieval buildings steeped in history and culture, sitting by the fire in a wooden house and enjoying the fireplace. Still have yet to make this fantasy come true, but I hope to do that one of these days!

It is the rainy season again! Cool winds blowing, drizzling for the whole day, the kind of weather where I just feel like sleeping in and not going anywhere! Nevertheless, I went to meet my friends at this Chinese restaurant called "Wah Lok" in Carlton Hotel. The place serves really delicious "dim sum", one of the nicest I have ever eaten! So we spent an afternoon chatting and it was only today I realise just how inadequate I really am! Okay, I already know I am inadequate and still have much room for improvement, but listening to my friends chat about issues at large make me realise how "small" my world really is! I really need to read more!

This was one of the few times I actually kept quiet in a group conversation! Normally I will be the one chatting with others and people had no idea what I was saying, and it got quite frustrating sometimes when one realise just how shallow some people can be. But today I am the one keeping quiet. Just as well, I can take a break and just listen! Being around highly intelligent and successful people is really different!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...