Lilypie

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Morning Jog

Today is the first time in my life that I actually went jogging in the early hours of the morning. A friend and I went to the jogging track behind my place to do some running, since both of us had to start training for the upcoming Standard Chartered Marathon in December.

It is not an easy feat waking up so early in the morning, especially since I am not a morning person. I already have a problem waking up on time for work, and many a times, my mum had to keep bugging me to wake up.

So I almost could not wake up this morning, but I had already promised my friend, hence I had to wake up. Furthermore, he specially catered to my timing since I had to start work at a fixed time, so the least I could do was to wake up early to jog for half an hour or so.

One round the track is four hundred and twenty metres. In order to run 2.4 kilometres, it would be six rounds round the track. I surprised myself by actually being able to run two and a half rounds (equivalent to one kilometre), before having had to walk. Then I walked the next few rounds before running the final lap.

What is surprising is that I did not even feel tired after that! Seems like an early morning jog does wonders to one's system - I felt so energetic and alert instead of tired and lethargic for the rest of the day. It could have been due to the fresh air!

My friend and I are thinking of jogging on a regular basis from now on. Hopefully I can keep this up and actually slim down for once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...