Lilypie

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My First Jog

I have not run in years. In fact, I have never run unless forced by my teachers during Physical Exercise lessons back in school. Other than that, I do not make it a point to jog or run around the neighbourhood.

For some reason, when I was in my early twenties, I told myself I should start jogging around the neighbourhood. But the lazy procrastinator that I am, I never did do that, and so, all the way until now, so many years later, I still have not found the motivation or inclination to run, reason being I really hate running. I prefer other forms of sports like tennis and cycling, but not running.

However, ever since I have been putting on weight last year and have been finding it hard to shed no matter how little I eat or how much I walk, I thought I better do something drastic before it is too late.

Just when I thought how to go about doing it, a friend I was meeting for dinner last night suggested meeting earlier for a job. Turns out that she, too, will be running for the Standard Chartered Marathon and been wanting to train up her running. Since I have company, I decided to have a jog too. Just as well she stays near me, so we can meet up more often to go jogging!

So we jogged from the train station to the park opposite, all the way to near East Coast, before making a turn and going for dinner. Put it this way, she was jogging throughout whereas I had to start walking halfway through as could not job anymore. We had a good dinner, then walked all the way back home. I was perspiring like mad by the time I reached home.

Initially I thought I would be so tired that I would just crash out, but surprisingly I was full of energy that I could even stay up a bit. I was actually more energetic than the other days when I did not exercise.

Maybe I should start jogging more often from now on, and see if I can finally lose weight for once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...