Lilypie

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Weight Loss "Contract"

After my many failed attempts at trying to slim down, but no results were forthcoming, my mum decided to take a desperate stab at an attempt to force me to really lose weight once and for all. She asked me to draft out a "contract", stating that for every one kilogram I lose per month, she would give me S$100.00. She would give me six months, and after that I must lose a minimum of six kilograms (one kilogram per month), and she would pay me accordingly.

If I lose more than six kilograms (like ten kilograms) after the six months, she would give me a double bonus. However, if I did not manage to shed any kilos after six months, I would have to give her S$100.00. And if I gain weight instead, every one kilogram I gain, I would have to give her S$100.00 per month, subject to S$600.00 for six months.

Now, with this kind of deal, it would be madness not to accept! So I drafted out the contract as follows :

WHEREAS
Party A (me) has agreed to enter into this Agreement with Party B (my mum), and both Parties have agreed as to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

IT IS AGREED as follows :

1. Definitions
The following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise :

“Agreement” means this Agreement, together with the schedules, annexures, and attachments, if any, as they may later be amended or supplemented by the Parties in writing;

“Commencement Date” is the date specified in Clause 3 below;

“Ending Date” is the date specified in Clause 4 below;

“Parties” means Party A and Party B collectively, and “Party” means either of them singularly;

“Period” means the whole period specified in Clause 5 below;

“Weight Loss” means the amount of weight loss effectively from the Commencement Date for the entire Period, including and up to the Ending Date.

2. Agreement For Weight Loss
2.1 Party A hereby agrees to lose one (1) kilogram a month, subject to a minimum of six (6) kilograms for the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date.

2.2 Party B will give Party A the amount of Singapore Dollars One Hundred Only (S$100.00) for a minimum of every one (1) kilogram lost per month, subject to a minimum of Singapore Dollars Six Hundred Only (S$600.00) for a minimum of six (6) kilograms lost for the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date.

2.3 If Party A manages to lose more than six (6) kilograms for the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date, Party B will give Party A a double bonus at Party B’s discretion, subject to a minimum weight loss of ten (10) kilograms or any part thereof for the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date.

2.4 If Party A did not manage to lose any weight or gain weight during the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date, Party A will have to give Party B the amount of Singapore Dollars One Hundred Only (S$100.00) for a minimum of every one (1) kilogram gained, up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars Six Hundred Only (S$600.00) for the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date, or Singapore Dollars One Hundred Only (S$100.00) if the weight remains constant after the whole Period, up to and including the Ending Date.

3. Commencement Date
3.1 The Commencement Date shall be 1st November 2010.

3.2 The Parties hereby enter into this Agreement commencing on the Commencement Date on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.

4. Ending Date
The Ending Date shall be 30th April 2011.

5. Period
The whole Period shall be a time of six (6) months from and including the Commencement Date specified in Clause 3 above, up to and including the Ending Date specified in Clause 4 above.

6. Validity
This Agreement shall be valid as at the date stated above and will automatically lapse on 1st May 2011.

EXECUTED AS AN AGREEMENT

And then both of us will sign to make this official.

So now I am posting this contract up in order to remind me that I have to stick to this contract and get my money's worth! I get to slim down and earn cash at the same time, so why not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...