Lilypie

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Academic Woes ....

I am having a hard time in my studies. This semester seems so rushed and I hardly have time to complete an assignment when the next one is due. Somehow I did not find it that much of a rush last semester, even though I took on more subjects. I enjoyed my previous semester very much, and did pretty well in all my assignments.

Perhaps because a lot of the coursework for last semester were on online quizzes, hence the number of assignments actually submitted were only three. There was one online examination and four written examinations, but even then, I was not too hung up because I have done well enough in my coursework to warrant a pass.

But this time round, I do not seem to be progressing. I have already submitted eight written assignments, plus one major written assignment that takes up half the weightage of the whole module. I have another major written assignment due next week.

Yet I have not been doing well. My tutors have been making comments like, "You write very well, I see great potential in you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your assignment." In this case, why could I not progress beyond a B- the most? Last semester I could still score a solid A in my written assignment, yet this time round, everything seem to have dropped drastically.

If I cannot even achieve high grades for my assignments, what hope can I ask for during examinations? Then if I do not do well for my examination, what hope can I ask for a CGPA of a decent score?

My examinations are starting in less than a month. Once I clear my last major assignment, I will concentrate full scale on studying for the examination. Even though this time round I only have two written papers because the rest are on full coursework, still I fear I may not do as what I desired. And if I do not do well, not only will my overall grades be pulled down, whether I progress further or not will be affected, and how many modules I can take next semester will be affected too.

What else can I do? I really hope I can do well in my examination to pull up the grades a bit, but basing on track record, I never seem to do well for examinations! I can only hope and pray that I can still score enough to take on maximum load next semester!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...