Lilypie

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Surprise Invitation!

A long time ago, back during my teaching days, I tutored this girl for two years, and she went on to score straight As and entered the best girl's school here. Her mother was so grateful to me that she would still contact me occasionally to ask about books and recommendations. I have been keeping in touch with the mother on and off, but I have totally lost touch with the girl.
 
Actually I do not think I did much. The girl herself is smart and hardworking, hence by the time I started tutoring her, she was already making very good progress. In fact, she asked for a tutor because her grades dropped from ninety plus to eighty plus! Where can you get students like that nowadays? Those I taught refused to even learn even when they were failing! So I do not think I actually did a lot for her.
 
In any case, around three years back, I asked the mother about the daughter. The mum said she would be going to Australia to do Medicine. I have always known this girl is smart and hardworking, so I know she will definitely have a great future ahead. Unfortunately, I could not contact the girl before she left.
 
A year back, the mother added me on Facebook, and through her, I found the girl. She still remembers me! Yesterday, the mother sent me an invitation, asking me to go to her house for Lunar New Year. This came as a big surprise because we have not met up for a long time, ever since I stopped tutoring the girl. She said precisely because we have not met for a long time, hence we should meet up and catch up. The girl herself would be leaving back to her studies soon after the new year, so she asked me to go over and visit.
 
Now, that is one nice family! This invitation really came as a surprise, and I was delighted at the same time. Which is why I say sometimes God sent the best people into my life without me knowing. Now I am really looking forward to meeting up with them after so long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...