Lilypie

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back To Drama Serials

I am starting to watch Hong Kong drama serials again. I used to watch them on and off when they were showing here, but because of my studies then work, I have not managed to watch any shows on television for a long time now.
 
Few years back, I started buying some of my favourite Hong Kong serials. Somehow the older shows are much better than the newer ones. New faces do not necessarily make for better quality. Hence, for the past few years, I stopped watching.
 
Furthermore, I find the drama sets very expensive. It used to be S$30.00 a set, and two sets for a thirty-episode serial because there is only one episode per VCD. Hence, I would need to spend an average of S$60.00 per serial. After a while, it just got too expensive, for VCD sets! DVD sets cost S$100.00 or thereabouts.
 
However, a few weeks back when I stepped into a video store, I was surprised to see the cost of DVDs have gone down a lot. Now it is one set per serial, even if it is an eighty-episode serial. There are several episodes per DVD, so the whole set is now much smaller and more compressed. Instead of getting two per serial, it is now one per serial, and the price is much lower, averaging around S$40.00 for a DVD set and not a VCD set. It is getting more worth it to get the serials!
 
But still, I did not get any as I feel that the newer dramas can never be compared to the older ones. Recently, due to the recommendation of my friend who lent me some of the newer serials, I started watching again. Not only that, I started writing reviews on this website featuring reviews of shows too. It is really a good avenue to write in whatever way, why did I even stop, I wonder? Must have been too cooped up with myself to stop writing, and look what happened? Things went wrong and I almost could not cope with my own emotions.
 
In any case, some of the newer serials are pretty good. The best news is that the video shop near my office is having a massive one-for-one sale, so I can get some of the more interesting recent serials at a very good price, as compared to in the past.
 
Guess there will be lots of new dramas to watch this year. Hopefully those live up to the hype as what I read and expected!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...