Lilypie

Monday, January 28, 2013

Wandering Opposite The Prison

Last Saturday I received an email asking me to collect the Coach bag today. The address given is at a condominium development opposite the prison. Earlier on when I went to collect it, I had to drop directly opposite the prison. Now the prison is a place that everyone tends to avoid. When I dropped opposite the place, it was already dusk, and the whole place looks forbidding, dark and scary. One wonders why people want to do things to get themselves in prison in the first place, because one look at that place scares people off. I think I will turn mad being confined in there!
 
In any case, I found the condominium development. However, because it is opposite the prison, the part facing the prison is the back gate, which has high walls and a tight security. No one can go in without authorisation. Hence, I have to make my way to the main entrance, which is to walk all the way down, veer left, walk another stretch and finally reaching the main entrance.
 
But it is not enough. The whole development is built on a hill, so after I reached the guard house, I have to go up a small hill and walk all the way to the end. I still could not find the place. Later on I found out the lady was living at the block all the way up the hill, further up from the multi-story carpark and the tennis courts, right next to the prison. All these hassle for nothing!
 
I called her and told her I have reached, so she came down. But turned out that the lobby, or rather the main lobby where the cars come in and drop people off, is on the second floor and not the first floor, which was the pedestrian entrance where I entered. So there was another confusion.
 
In any case, everything turned out well. She was apologetic about making me walk so far, as she said if I told her I was walking in, she would have just opened the back gate and met me there opposite the prison instead. How nice of her!
 
Anyway this is a place that I will probably not consider staying, because firstly it is in quite a far off area, and secondly, it is opposite the prison! It would be a rather depressing place to stay in for me at least!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...