Lilypie

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lost In The Mail?

My new semester starts in February. I had confirmed my modules and sent in a cheque payment for the course fees way back on New Year's Eve. The deadline for payment was supposed to be yesterday, 6 January.
 
Till date, the school has not received my cheque. I have been calling in since last Thursday regarding the status of my payment, because if they do not receive my payment, I am unable to confirm my course materials and may even get penalised for non-payment.
 
I called again today, and it was the same thing. They have not received yet. It is taking way too long! From experience, our postal service is not that slow. It is more efficient than that. The mail is normally sent out within two to three days the most! So why is it taking such a long time this time round? I can send something overseas in this period!
 
Initially I was rather patient with the person who answered the phone. But today I almost lost my temper. The person made it seem as if it is my fault that the payment did not reach them, and I could be penalised because the deadline is already over. Besides, even if I pay now, I may not be able to confirm my course materials anymore. Why is it my fault?! Yes, I know it is not within their control, so are they saying it is within my control when the letter arrives?!
 
There is no alternative but to wait. If until tomorrow and the mail is still not received, I am going to call up the postal service and demand and explanation on what happened!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...