Lilypie

Monday, January 21, 2013

Applying For A Trip To Holy Land

I have sent in my application for the Israel trip. Since I need to pay extra for being a sole traveller, I asked my parents if they wanted to come along. My dad is not that keen but my mum is pretty enthusiastic, even though I told her it would be rather Christian-based and not to expect any big shopping and modern buildings. She said she is fine with it, as it would probably be her only chance to go Israel since the tour agencies here hardly organise Israel tours unless it is a special Christian tour.

So my mum and I would be going together, which is just as well because the cost per person is on a twin sharing basis. I would have to top up another S$650.00 for single supplement. I sent in the application form earlier on, together with copies of our passports, to World Vision, who will then forward to the tour agency organising this trip, and we will be contacted shortly to pay the first deposit by mid-February, with the balance to be paid by the beginning of April.

I find this trip pretty worthwhile because the cost includes return flights on international carriers (not budget), all accommodation (at pretty good quality hotels), all meals, sightseeing, entrance fees and tips. In other words, besides insurance, fuel surcharges and personal expenses, we need not fork out anything extra. And we are going to pretty interesting places too, so I think the entire trip is really very good value for money!

I am praying and hoping that there is enough people to make up the quota so we can go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...