Lilypie

Monday, August 7, 2006

All In A Mess ....

I have been feeling weak for quite some time. I thought it was due to my surgery, then depression and stress, but it has been some time and I still feel like this. Thus, I took some time to see a doctor yesterday, and he gave me some news that are not exactly hopeful.

So I had to go back for more tests before everything can be confirmed. If it is what I think it is, then I will be in deep trouble, not to mention what to tell my parents should it be true, as we have already lost two family members at an even younger age.

If my greatest fear comes true, wonder if I will make it to my birthday next year? At least I believe I can pass my birthday this year, but will my hair then start dropping out by next year? I have seen how my late cousin suffered, and I pray that I will never suffer the same fate.

On the home front, I feel like suing the contractors. I thought the bathrooms have finally been fixed, but last week, they had to do more drilling, knocking and other what-nots. So now both the bathrooms upstairs are out of function and we have to go back to sharing the one downstairs.

It would not be that bad, except the fact that because of the work being done on the bathrooms upstairs, the water supply has to be cut by half. As a result, we have no hot water for the whole week. And we have to shower with very weak water.

Perhaps my recent sickness can be due to this. Smell of paint lingering in the room, tantamount to sniffing glue everyday, cold water for showering despite the occasional heavy rain, and dirt and dust in the air from all the renovation works going on culminated in all the on-off headaches, dizziness and fever I have been having.

The contractors are sure taking their time! My mum and I have feedbacked several times, but nothing has changed. How can our house be still in a state of living when all these major renovations are going on?

Everything is still in such a mess from the painting and the knocking. How I wish all will end soon and our house can go back to normal, the house I am so used to.

My house may not be the best and warmest home, but it is the place I go back to and relax after a hard day of work, the place I can hide and seek solitude when I am depressed, and the haven I can retreat into when I am lonely.

2 comments:

Richard said...

As cryptic as usual. I am sorry you are not feeling well.

I will pray you feel better.

shakespeareheroine said...

Thank you very much!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...