Lilypie

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Righting My Wrongs

I used to think people do not understand me enough, and I get rather offended if they try to do things which I do not like. I would flare up if people irritate me, despite knowing my likes and dislikes.

But upon realization, I start to think : perhaps I am the one who is not understanding enough. Perhaps I am the one who does not understand others, so I cannot ask of others to understand me.

If I truly understand a person, I will not feel so offended or hurt by his / her actions. I used to think why are some people so petty, that they can stay angry over a minor thing for weeks. But a minor thing to me can be a major thing to them.

I used to think that once I apologise all will be well. But sometimes even after I apologise, the person still remains angry. In this case, is it a case of misunderstanding or the person is really just petty?

I start to reflect on myself as a person, as a girlfriend, as a daughter, as a friend. Often I have felt frustrated over how my parents treated me, how I felt neglected by others. Perhaps I am the one not putting in enough effort.

Maybe I am the one not being flexible enough, not being understanding and reasonable enough. Perhaps I want others to follow the way I do things, which will be a big nightmare as in this case, I will morph into someone I hate.

Hence from now on, I will stop being so judgmental and inflexible. I will let others function the way they do instead of imposing my way on others. I will try to be more accepting of others’ differences.

Hopefully in this way, others can also accept me more as a person, instead of focusing on the wrongs I have done or not done.

3 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Go to the library and find the book :P

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, getting soon. Just did the quiz though, I seem to fall into just about every category. :-p

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Penis ecologin injections berlinettas v8 ferrari Answering services jacksonville beach florida financial advisor belfast cheap conferencing Grey hair accutane Web conferencing solutions Audio conferencing assisted 1982 nissan skyline

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...