Lilypie

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nervous, Stress And Edgy

I had to wake up so early this morning just to go for a meeting first thing in the morning, and the venue is all the way at the far north, near to the Malaysian border. My boss specially instructed me to be there by 9:00 am and not be late.

So I had my parents drop me off around town, since it is on the way to my mum’s office, and then I took a train up to the far north, then I took a cab ride in. When I got off the cab, it was slightly past 8:40 am, and I saw my boss’ cab right behind mine.

What irritated me was not the timing and venue of the meeting; rather it was the clients were late! We had to go to the clients’ office so far away, and yet they were not even in office when we reached there. Neither were they there at 9:00 am.

The first client reached only at 9:15 am, so the meeting officially started only at 9:25 am or thereabouts. If I had known, I would have just arrived at 9 or so, and not rushed so much in the morning! Why do people, locals especially, have the habit of being late?

Luckily the meeting ended early, so I managed to go back to the office and get my work done without staying too late. And since I will be taking the morning off tomorrow for two interviews, I will need to work a bit more the rest of the week.

The interviews I will be going tomorrow will be for two big companies. The first one will be at a certain global telecommunications company that happens to be the rival of my mobile service provider. The interview is for a Legal Executive post.

I must say the Human Resource Manager for this company is efficient indeed! I sent in my resume at about 10 pm last night, and I got a call at 9:30 am this morning for the interview. That is fast, since other companies will take at least one day to revert!

The second interview will be for another big company who is in the spa and resort business around the world, for a Legal Assistant post. I must say I am pretty nervous over the two interviews!

I will so love to work in either one of them, but being such established companies, their criteria will be so much stricter, and a small fry like me may not have the luck to go in. Still, I am keeping my fingers crossed to see if I can have good luck! I am feeling so stressed up now!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Legal Executives are pretty much in demand in Singapore now. The supply of Law graduates would be increasing in 3-4 year's time though, so it is really a good time for you now to gain a firmer foothold.

I personally think you would be more suited for the spa and resort one though...

shakespeareheroine said...

At first students entering law school were cut due to over-supply, now so many lawyers stop practising and they are now looking to increase supply.

The spa and resort one? Well... see how the interview goes then.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...