Lilypie

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Yellow Yellow ....

I always wondered about this song. Why the title? It means more than the colour of course, but just what exactly is it about?

One interpretation can be that the song represents things that are yellow, like the stars in the sky (do they even look yellow? I can never see the actual colour of stars), and the colour of the skin (probably referring to an Asian).

But there are certain things which I do not understand. Now why are the things done yellow? So even if a turn is to be taken, it would be a yellow turn? How to measure?

And in the seventh stanza, there is a phrase saying “For you, I bleed myself dry”. Now that sounds so much like Jesus’ crucifixion. Forgive me all those who love the song, but somehow I can never quite relate to the lyrics.

I am not saying I absolutely loathe the song. The tune is nice and catchy, and some of Coldplay’s tunes are really good. When I first heard this song, I thought it was catchy and rhythmic, but when I listened to the lyrics properly, I realized I had no idea what the song was about.

Then I gathered it is a love song of some sort, albeit an unorthodox one, but up to now, I still cannot relate to the lyrics, as some parts do not make sense.

On the other hand, a lot of modern song lyrics do not make sense anyway. The essential message is that of a lover to his loved one. And I guess that is one aspect of love, no matter how weird it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...