Lilypie

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Arts Events Not To Be Missed ....

I think SISTIC ought to give me VIP treatment; either that, or a discount or life membership to their events. I have been spending so much attending concerts and buying tickets through SISTIC, that at times, I wonder if I help to boost their sales and profits.

There are a number of concerts I am planning to go to the rest of the year. First one up is the Westlife concert, which later corresponds with the Robbie Williams concert. I like the songs from these singers, as their genres are similar.

The tunes are nice and the lyrics meaningful and touching. No doubt they sing mostly love songs, but then not many people can sing love songs with nice tunes and meaningful lyrics. At least not many modern singers. The older singers are better, which probably explains why their songs are now classics.

More on the music events will be Kit Chan’s Forbidden City. I brought my students to watch it a few years back as part of the Arts Programme in my school, and I love it! I cannot wait to watch it again! Whoever said local productions can never be good or better than imports?

I think the reason the arts industry here can never flourish can be due to lack of support from our own local citizens. We should give more support to our local productions, be it movies or plays or musicals or dance or choirs. There are many talented people around, they are just waiting to be recognized and supported!

If time and money allows, I may also want to catch the Vienna Boys’ Choir, one of the best choirs in the world, as well as the Singapore Symphony Orchestra’s rendition of movie songs and the annual Christmas Concert.

Another one I will not give it a miss is Russell Peters, my favourite stand-up comic. It is so rare that he comes and gives a one-man show, and it will be another long wait if I miss it this time.

Now I just have to see how far my budget and time allows. Hopefully I will be able to catch all the shows I wish to see!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Russel Peters in Singapore?

Whoa... that's one guy I actually would like to see!

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, wanna join me? I'm looking around for people to go with me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...