Lilypie

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Moving On .... Or Not

So I have been working for almost a month now, and I have seen certain things about this firm that makes me feel that staying long is not going to be very healthy for me. I shall not dwell too much on how the firm functions. Let's just say the firm seems to have the least structured system I have seen.

One thing I notice also is that the turnover rate is very high. My predecessor left in July, thus before I came in, there was a gap in between, which probably resulted in so much backlog. But from the time I joined till now, which has not been very long, three more staff have either left or leaving, and two new staff (both of whom have only worked a week) also left.

Perhaps there really is something wrong with the company since so many staff are leaving? One thing I like is that my boss is nice. He seems to be the most soft-spoken and gentle boss I have ever worked for. My precedessor once told me if it is not because of him, she would have left long ago too.

This big company I mentioned who was considering me for the Senior Legal Assistant post did not offer me the job in the end. But my job agent scheduled an interview with me at this other big company this Wednesday. The same company I went to interview for a Corporate Executive post a month back.

Now I will be interviewing for a Legal Assistant post, and the interview will be by the Legal Counsel himself. However, I will be seeing the same Human Resource Executive, so since I was not shortlisted for the previous post, do I even stand a high chance for this post now?

I really wish I can be accepted! It is a big company with plenty of prospects, learning opportunities, good benefits and welfare. And I will be doing in-house! I just wish I can get a job which I really enjoy doing!

I know I sound as if I job hop around. After my string of career bad luck, I did intend to settle down into a job. So when my current company called, I took it. And I would have stayed for a while if there were no better opportunities. But now that there is the possibility I can be at a better place, is it wrong if I want to move on?

And if I do land this job, I will stay. It is a prestigious company with plenty of development opportunities. From what I could see during the last time I went there for an interview, the environment and culture there is pretty good too. A good place for anyone to be in.

I am keeping my fingers crossed! Hopefully I will not mess up the interview and land the job!

2 comments:

Richard said...

One thing I have learned in life (but still fail to apply) is that you have to take charge of your life - don't wait for other people to notice you, or recognize you (they won't).

Good luck, I hope it makes you happy. However, I Leave you with this piece of Vulcan advice: You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks, and your quote is true indeed. Sometimes craving for something seems better than actually having it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...