Lilypie

Friday, August 25, 2006

Uncertain Job Status

Time whizzed by so fast that it is almost a month since I started work. And I still have not received the letter of offer. It makes me wonder will I even be paid for the work done at all?

No one has asked about my bank account number or a copy of my bank book, so I fear I may not be paid. In this case, what am I going to live on for next month at least?

My expenditure account is running really low on funds. I try not to touch my savings account as that is for other purposes, like insurance payments, school fees and cheque withdrawals or online transactions for bills.

Having said that, my job agent, who recommended me the position at the big company few weeks back, called me today. She said the company has not gotten back to her so they are still in the midst of liaising with each other.

I wish I can receive news soon on whether I am offered the job or not. This situation I am in right now is really confusing, and I do not like any situation where it is not clean-cut.

The job agent also recommended me a couple other positions. There is one opening in a medium-sized law firm, but they reverted and said I am over-qualifed, since I have covered many areas whereas they are looking for someone quite junior.

Thus they rather not hold me back as they think I can go much further. Hmmm…. Since when am I ever “over-qualified” for any job? I can never get the jobs I really like as I am always under-qualified!

The other opening is from the other big firm I interviewed for a few weeks back. The one owned by a certain female Nominated (or ex-Nominated) Member of Parliament. The last time I went there for interview was for the opening in the Corporate department. This time, the opening is from the Legal Department.

Hopefully I have news soon, in whatever form. If it is a better opportunity and prospect, I may move on. If not, I will stay for a while at least, but hopefully I get the letter of offer settled and receive whatever salary due accordingly at the end of the month.

6 comments:

Timberlake said...

"And I still have not received the letter of offer. It makes me wonder will I even be paid for the work done at all?

No one has asked about my bank account number or a copy of my bank book, so I fear I may not be paid. In this case, what am I going to live on for next month at least?"

Why don't you just ask? Your brain works damn strange

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Ole' Wolvie said...

Good question.

I am now not even sure which company are you referring to.

shakespeareheroine said...

I have asked a few times, and have not gotten a reply as the office manager is always away. When I tried asking her assistants, they told me to wait for the office manager to revert to me, which brings me back to zero.

imp said...

Then it's time to send a very nice office memo to all to ask why.

this is not the way you should be made to wait and you shouldn't suffer it silently.just hunt the office manager down.

timberlake said...

I say...Don't turn up or don't do any work until you've been confirmed. You always put yourself in "losing" position. How can be successful?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...